Best Women’s Comfort Bike for City Touring 2018 – Guide and Reviews
What is a comfort bike?
A comfort bike is a subordinate class of hybrid bikes makers design with a focus on comfort and performance for riders. Comfort bikes appeal to women, casual riders, commuters and children. Bike fans use them for leisure riding and recreational activities on flat terrain, bike paths and paved roads.
The most important thing about comfort bikes is they are easy to adapt to, are comfortable and relatively more stable than any other specialized types of bicycle. If you are looking for the best comfort bike to ride around town or hang out with friends and family members, then this article will help you to pick the right one.
What are the Benefits of Riding a Comfort Bike?
A comfort bike will provide you with numerous benefits over any other bikes, but here are few distinguishable benefits:
- 1 Best Women’s Comfort Bikes: Quick Comparison
- 2 Best Comfort Bikes for Women Reviews 2018
- 2.1 Top Pick Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike Review
- 2.2 Runner Up PUBLIC Bikes Women’s C7 Dutch Style City Bike Review
- 2.3 Also Great Raleigh Bikes Venture Thru Comfort Bike Review
- 2.4 4. Schwinn Women’s Suburban Bike 26-inch Mint Review
- 2.5 5. Hollandia Holiday F1 26 Cruiser Bicycle Review
- 2.6 6. Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike Review
- 2.7 7. PUBLIC Bikes Women’s C1 Dutch Style City Bike Review
- 2.8 8. Mantis Premier 726L Comfort Bicycle Review
- 2.9 How to Choose the Best Women’s Comfort Bike for City Touring?
- 2.10 Things to Consider When Buying Your Bike
- 2.11 Final Recommendations:
Best Women’s Comfort Bikes: Quick Comparison
Best Comfort Bikes for Women Reviews 2018
Top Pick Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike Review
Did you know consumers have rated the Diamondback Women’s Serene bike among the best comfort bikes for ladies in the market today? The diamondback bike provides high-quality services at an affordable price.
While it may not have as many luxury features as its competitors, it’s a convenient bike with all the features you need to enjoy your day to day ride.
Thanks to the bike’s seven-speed and Shimano gear system, your worries regarding the nature of the terrain go out the window. These features make it possible to ride on all kinds of road surfaces.
Additionally, its high-quality frame keeps it sturdy and safe when you go over bumps. Furthermore, you get a step-through frame, which makes getting on and off the model a breeze.
Regardless of your height, you can find a comfort bike that suits you. This is because there are options for small, medium and tall women. The fact this is a female bike means there is an emphasis on luxury, safety and convenience features. This has made it sell in large numbers.
Highlighted Features of Diamondback Serene Women's Bike:
Runner Up PUBLIC Bikes Women’s C7 Dutch Style City Bike Review
The Public Bikes Women’s C7 Dutch Style City Bike is your dependable, cozy, stylish and affordable ride.
Whenever you need to use a ride as a mode of transportation or casual riding this will be your competitive ride.
And it doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or a pro. This ride will serve you just fine.
The Dutch style, hi-tensile steel frame is a reliable and multispeed bike suitable for your city rides. Furthermore, the frame’s curved and step through nature makes it easy to hop on and off the ride.
With the seven-speed, Shimano gear system stability, you can ride on any terrain with ease. The upright handlebars make it easy to navigate. It also makes you maintain an upright seating posture so you can ride for long hours.
Finally, this bike has a gorgeous design. If you want to impress friends and strangers as you commute around town, this is the model to do it. As a bonus, it comes in three different beautiful designer colors, red, cream, blue, turquoise and orange. Moreover, there are both large and small sized bikes to suit all kinds of women.
If you are looking for elegance in your ride around the city, this classic Dutch style bike is for you. Also, if you crave reliability, the Public C7 is your best bet.
Highlighted Features of Public Bikes Women's C7
Also Great Raleigh Bikes Venture Thru Comfort Bike Review
When it comes to riding with fun, you don’t need to move further in the search because you have found it here.
Those who tell you to use a hard saddle for long rides don’t know about the Raleigh venture. The bike is made to offer you a luxurious ride to your neighborhood, campgrounds or city streets.
Would you like to ride for fitness and leisure? The Venture Thru bike is the best option for this. It has a relaxed geometric design and beautifully designed frame. Its structure boosts your confidence in riding throughout the day.
And if you desire a convenient ride, the Venture bicycle cushioned seat and handlebar grips will provide you with just that. The wide sized saddle makes it appropriate for use by women.
For less stress on your body on those bumpy roads the Venture Thru has a combination of big, wide tires, a suspension fork and a seat post to absorb the shock.
Moreover, it keeps your spine aligned perfectly when riding while allowing you to maintain an upright posture.
For those who become easily fatigued after a few hours of riding, this feature should prove extremely useful. The lightweight comfort bike aluminum frame is not only durable, but also an enhancement to your perfect body posture.
Finally, the Raleigh Venture women’s bike is highly durable, and with its features, it can maneuver any kind of terrain.
Highlighted Features of Raleigh Venture:
4. Schwinn Women’s Suburban Bike 26-inch Mint Review
Who doesn’t know that Schwinn’s Suburban bikes series always comes up with a versatile, new look whenever they unleash a new bike on the market?
Most women use this bike to ride around the neighborhood under the sun while enjoying the fresh air and sightseeing.
The bike is of high quality and nicely built according to most cyclists. Moreover, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
The bike gives you the confidence as well as the smoothness of a steel fork frame. In addition, the seven-speed derailleur boosts your riding pleasure.
You can control it with a simple twist of the hand grip extension. All these things make riding enjoyable and easy experience on the road.
For your upright posture, the ride has cushioned saddles with swept-back handlebars to reduce the strain you may experience while stretching.
The bike does not come fully assembled, but the self-explanatory manual will make it easier. Regarding quality performance, the sturdy frame offers you safety and a comfortable ride, too.
For all environmental advocates, it’s the perfect opportunity to reduce environmental pollution because you don’t have to use a vehicle, bus or rail transport.
Highlighted Features of Schwinn Suburban Women's Bike:
5. Hollandia Holiday F1 26 Cruiser Bicycle Review
Imagine buying a luxurious cruiser and comfort bike at the lowest price you could ever think of finding.
Did you know Hollandia cruiser is that bike? Therefore, if you are on a tight budget and are still interested in quality, this is for you.
The Hollandia Holiday is one of the top-rated bikes in the market. It also features a beautiful design and mint green coloring that will catch people’s eyes.
The designer was clever with the coloring of the bike because most ladies love bright colors. Hollandia cruiser Bike is not only about looks, its Dutch-inspired design with a cozy frame is what makes it stand out.
The bicycle has a hi-tension alloy TIG steel frame that is durable and sturdy. Investment in this fantastic bike will keep you riding for a decade or more if you take care of the model correctly.
The leatherette spring saddle makes adjusting easy while Its rear brakes, aluminum Promax quill stem, steel post and handlebars make the bike stable and safe to ride.
Do you need to transport things when riding about town? The standard, Dutch-style, rear rack is great for moving things. Though it may not be as convenient as a basket, it allows you to transport things around while still looking sleek and stylish.
Finally, the Hollandia bicycle has a useful quick release system. If you need to change out parts quickly, this model makes maintenance simple and accessible, even to the new users. These features make the bike perfect for users of any skill level.
Highlighted Features Hollandia Holiday F1 26
6. Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike Review
For those interested in a good looking, city bicycle famous for reliability, convenience and affordable value, the Northwoods Pomona bike is an excellent choice.
The bike looks like a sports bike, but its features are valuable. This ride’s alloy frame has lines and curves that make you think it’s a sports bike. To be honest, who doesn’t want such features for their ride?
They made the alloy frame from dual suspension, lightweight aluminum for a stable ride. It can handle any terrain. The alloy rims of the 26 inches, 36 spoke wheels with custom-design cruiser tires provide convenient, stable and durable rides.
In addition, the bike has a quick release seat clamp with specially constructed foam. This feature is good as an anti-shock when riding across difficult terrain. If you want to go for a long city ride or through the countryside, this cruiser bike will give you the experience of your life.
Northwoods covered the saddle with high-quality leather to protect it from dirt, water or similar damage when you are not using it. The full suspension bikes are known to cost a lot of money. But the Pomona full suspension cycle offers more fun and enjoyment at an affordable price.
Highlighted Features of Northwoods Pomona Women's Bike:
7. PUBLIC Bikes Women’s C1 Dutch Style City Bike Review
The Public C1 bike is a fashionable, comfortable and dependable bike with a sloping step through frame.
Riders can use it all around the city, on both hilly and flat terrain. This bike is perfect for both everyday commuting and casual riding.
If you are searching for an elegant looking city cruiser bike, a classic Dutch bike, a women's hybrid bike, or a commuter bike in one bicycle, then the Public women’s turquoise bike is the perfect choice for regular cycling and fun.
It has the upright geometry like other Public city bikes. In addition, they manufacture Public bikes with quality materials. They include dual-pivot caliper brakes, and 700C commuter tires that are puncture-resistant for smooth riding. This Public C1 women’s bike foregoes multiple gears and features a simple, efficient single-speed drivetrain.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner, pro or seasoned cyclist, this bike is a good choice. It gets even better when you realize that you can wear whatever you want for a fun and smooth biking activity. The bike has an optional well-matching cargo rack to your bike in front and back.
Highlighted Features of Public C1 Dutch Bike:
8. Mantis Premier 726L Comfort Bicycle Review
The Mantis Premier 726L bike offers a comfortable ride. It is also easy to assemble, exactly as pictured at an affordable price.
The premier 726L bike is perfect for casual rides around your neighborhood. This bike is great for those who want a bike that is lightweight and provides an upright posture.
The Mantis Premier bike comes with a durable steel frame. For women, it has 17-inch and for men, an 18-inch ridged steel fork. It also has 26-inch aluminum made wheels and a multi-position adjustable aluminum stem for smooth, easy riding.
The bike has a large and cozy spring seat with an aluminum suspension quick release post that protects the rider when riding on rough terrain.
The Mantis features a seat that ensures your ride is fun. In addition, the Promax aluminum V-Brakes and 3-piece cranking system helps make your ride safer. The bike has Shimano twist shifters which enhance the speed, too.
Overall, you will be delighted with the performance and quality of this bike. The manual is also helpful because it is self-explanatory. The speed is awesome for beginners and those advanced in age.
Highlighted Features of Mantis Premier 726L:
How to Choose the Best Women’s Comfort Bike for City Touring?
When searching for the top bikes in this category for city touring, you must consider a wide variety of issues. Therefore, everything from the bike size to the length of the wheels will drastically affect how comfy your commute is.
The saddle may also be an influential factor. Be sure to read more of this buyer’s guide and review list to help you find the perfect model.
Things to Consider When Buying Your Bike
Before making an investment in a comfort bicycle for city touring, you should consider some important potential design features. If the product you are interested in has stellar options in each of these areas, it will serve you well for years to come. Here are some features to examine to choose the right bike for you:
- Gear System: Depending on what kind of terrain you are riding on, you will need a certain variety of gears. Overall, you want at least five speeds in your gear system. Moreover, be sure to invest in a bicycle with a well-rated gear system, such as the Shimano gear system.
- Comfort Features: When buying the ladies bike, you need to look at everything from the seat, to the pedals and to the handlebars to make sure you will not be frustrated after a few hours of riding. The perfect riding experience largely depends on the women’s bike saddle.
- Bike Brand: The brand of bike you wish to buy matters. Famous bike brands happen to be famous for a reason. The design and quality of the bike often depends on the manufacturer designing your bike. Different manufactures emphasize different features. Depending on the features you are interested in, check the various options available from the top brands. In addition, check the customer reviews on the brand product before investing in it.
- Price Tag: While it’s true to say that saving money can be expensive in the end, a quality bike must not always be pricey. The cost of the bike should never be outrageously inexpensive, though. A budget ride should raise an alarm for you because most likely there could be something hidden about it. Make sure your potential bicycle has a competitive price. Depending on your pocket, go for a moderately priced item.
- Style: There are a variety of bike styles to choose from in the marketplace. This can be challenging to you if you are not informed. There are comfort, hybrid and cruiser bikes. Another category is the mountain bike and city comfort bike. The last category includes the electric and non-electric bikes. The style depends on the features you desire. It is advisable to know the style you want from the various bike categories.
- Visor Design: Nowadays helmets are made with visors to protect your face from the sun and bad weather. While the price of the helmet with a visor matters, it’s important to ensure it fits so the visor doesn’t block your vision. Choose the best comfort bikes with priced and lightweight helmet with a visor from the various options available.
- Chin Strap: The chin strap and buckle should fit perfectly when you fasten it. It should also be elastic enough to allow you to open your mouth, drink water and chew food. The chin strap should be strong enough to hold your helmet in place.
- Foam Material: There are many types of helmet foam materials. The ideal one needs to be stiff when faced with hard impacts and soft on light impacts. It should be affordable and reliable. It should also be light and ventilated for warm weather.
- Safety Ratings: Riding a bike is supposed to be fun, but not without your security. You should make choices that enhance your safety by choosing the right helmet size to protect you on the ride. Pay attention to avoid accidents resulting from falls and motorists. Make sure your bike is in good condition before heading out.
If you are a beginner, you can take bike training to improve your cycling skills. Your bike should have working brakes that enhance safety and locks for securing your bike when you’re not using it, too.
While it may take a hefty investment at first, the Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike is a bike that will keep you comfortable for a longer duration if you take care of it properly. However, every aspect of the bike’s design should keep you steady and happy when traveling around town.
No matter what terrain you will be riding on, the shock absorption features, the saddle and frame should keep you from getting blisters or riding around in discomfort.
Most cyclists would be hard-pressed to find a better women’s bike for comfort than the Diamondback Serene Classic. You may also enjoy the perfect riding experience with one of the other bicycles on this list.