Best Women’s Mountain Bike : Right Partner to Travel
Best Women's Mountain Bike : Right Partner to Travel
Living in the hilly tract, helps me to understand about the women’s expectation from the best women’s mountain bike 2016.
In addition, I am going to share the important facts, you need to consider for picking the best women’s mountain bike for you.
Moreover, I dissect the top 5 best women’s mountain bike 2016 in the market to help you for picking the correct one with less effort.
Difference between a Men’s and Women’s Mountain Bike
Style can be considered as the major difference. The best women’s mountain bike is shorter and lighter than men’s are, since most female riders are smaller than their male counterparts are.
Again, many best mountain bikes for women have a diagonal frame bar, rather than a horizontal.
Moreover, the rear wide saddle is another difference between the two bikes due to difference in male and female anatomy. In addition, mountain bikes for female have smaller handlebar than the male.
Therefore, it will be wise to have the best women’s mountain bike for you.
Significance of Suspension on the best women’s mountain bike
For longer durability of mountain biking, the suspension in the frame and fork is very crucial.
Since you will presumably be going on rough or semi-rough terrain, a suspension will help keep your ride smooth throughout and protect the bike from being damaged by continuous shaking.
However, if you ever plan on off-roading, you will need something to help absorb the bumps and dips of the terrain.
Perfect size for the best women’s mountain bike
To ensure a comfortable ride, you should have a frame that fits your body well. If it is too large, you can lose control of the bike. Again, if it is too small, you can feel cramped and possibly have problems with your feet hitting the front wheel.
Typically, the height of the frame should be a little lower than your crotch, to allow room for the seat. Ideally, the space between the bar and your pelvic area should only be a few inches. Too much space will mean the bike is too small.
Usually, the bike size depends on your height and the bike types. If you are confused with the best women’s mountain bike 2016 size, do not hesitate to read the best bike size for women.
Significance of Comfortable Saddle
If you are riding on rough terrain or for long periods, the saddle will either be your best friend or your worst enemy. Choose a seat that feels comfortable and allows you to adjust yourself when you ride.
Most women’s saddles are narrower and longer since women do not have to worry about pinching or crushing anything. To ensure a smooth ride, you need to be able to switch gears to make your movement much more fluid.
The more gears you can choose from, the better off you will be in the end. Furthermore, keep in mind about the design of the shifter (trigger or twist), although this will come down to personal preference.
Urgency of Lights/ Basket
Other features of the best women’s mountain bike that you should consider are lights, and a basket. While not all bikes come with lights and a basket, you should decide if having those items would enhance your riding experience.
Most of the time, you have to purchase these things separately and then mount them to your bike, but they can be very helpful, depending on the type of riding you are doing.
Recommended Best Women’s Mountain Bike Review
First on our list is the Mantis Orchid Mountain Bike. If you are looking to break into the best women’s mountain bike, this is a good starter bike, since it just has the basic features you need.
Mantis Orchid has been around since the 80s, and the company has made some of the better mountain bikes out there.
- The Orchid features large 26-inch aluminum wheels, which are durable in 17-inch steel frame. The frame itself has a dual suspension, so you get a much smoother ride.
- This bike has 21 speeds to help you get into the right gear for the right terrain.
- Although Mantis makes the bike, it features a Shimano Tourney TZ30 set of rear derailleur for easy shifting between gears.
- In addition, to switch gears, this bike uses a twist shifter, rather than a lever or toggle.
- The Orchid also has front and rear V-Brakes to help you stop quickly, which are operated by a lever on the handlebars.
- Durable steel frame
- Low frame for shorter riders
- Multiple speed option
- Best for riding in any terrain
- Not suitable for professional mountain biking
- Under pressure, the shifter may not work as well
- Professional assembly may required
Next on our list is the Merax Finiss Mountain Bike. However, this model looks more like a men’s bicycle, but it can comfortably fit a woman.
As far as size, this bike is very similar to the Orchid, but it has a few more features that make it better than just a leisure mountain bike.
- The Finiss has 26-inch aluminum wheels attached to a lightweight aluminum frame.
- This best women’s mountain bike also features an 80 mm suspension fork to help smooth your ride in most terrains.
- This bike has 21 speeds, and much like the Orchid, it uses both a Shimano front and rear derailleur. The model numbers of those are FD-TZ30 and RD-TZ50, respectively.
- Unlike the Orchid, these Finiss model instead uses a trigger shifter and Shimano makes this.
- The bike has durable metal disc brakes to help you stop quickly and efficiently. These mechanical brakes are on the front and rear tire for your safety and convenience.
- Durable lightweight aluminum frame
- High-impact suspension fork for a smoother ride
- 21 variable speeds
- Reliable Disc brakes
- Short frame for short rider
- Demands professional assembly
- Poor quality saddle and over time, it may start to loosen
Now we come to the Kawasaki K26G Hard tail Mountain Bike is a great starter bike for those who are into leisure biking on relatively smooth trails.
If you are a hardcore biker, this might not be the best women’s mountain bike for you. However, the K26G Hard tail does have some nice features.
- The Kawasaki K26G comes with 26-inch aluminum wheels mounted to a solid steel frame.
- Much like the other bikes on this list, the best women’s mountain bike comes with a front suspension to help smooth your ride, although I do not recommend it for the rough or hazardous terrain.
- Unlike the Finiss or the Orchid, this bike only has 18 speeds, using a Shimano rear derailleur and shifter system.
- Like the Orchid, this bike features a twist shifter to switch between gears.
- The Hard tail comes with linear pull MTB brakes, and features a quick-release seat for easy changing of the saddle.
- Fortunately, however, the seat that comes with it is quite comfortable, so you probably will not need to replace it anytime soon.
- Durable steel frame
- 18 variable speeds
- Front suspension for a smooth ride
- Perfect for mountain bike beginners and casual riders
- Easy to use
- Not suitable for hardcore mountain bikers
- May need professional assistance to assemble
- Braking system may become weak soon
When it comes to the best women’s mountain bike, style seems to be just as important as functionality. The Pacific Stratus Mountain Bike looks gorgeous with a brilliant blue frame that makes it pop.
Thankfully, it rides as well as it looks, making it the best women’s mountain bike for starter mountain bikes for the casual rider.
- The Stratus comes with 26-inch aluminum wheels mounted to a solid steel frame.
- Unlike the other mountain bikes on this list, the Stratus does not have a front suspension, so I do not recommend for rough terrain.
- The Stratus also has the least amount of speed options, with only 15 adjustable speeds.
- As far as braking, the Stratus is old school, using steel calipers to stop the bike.
While these brakes work fine, they are not great for stopping at high speeds. Instead, you will need to slow yourself down to a stop gradually
- Stylish and durable steel frame
- 15 adjustable speeds
- Low frame size for shorter riders
- Perfect for casual riders
- Poor suspension
- Braking system is a bit old-fashioned
- Require professional assembly
Finally, we come to the Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike. I have saved the best women’s mountain bike 2016 for last, as this is the best mountain bikes for women I have reviewed.
The best thing about this is the high-impact suspension, which is fully adjustable. For avid mountain bikers, an adjustable suspension is huge, since you can customize it to meet your riding needs.
- The Gravity FSX comes with 26-inch double-wall alloy wheels mounted to a solid aluminum frame.
- As we mentioned, this model comes with a fully adjustable suspension on both the front and rear tires, so you can tackle almost any terrain with ease.
- You can also get this bike in multiple sizes, from extra small to extra large, making it one of the most versatile and best women’s mountain bike out there.
- This bike has 24 speeds to choose from and uses a Shimano trigger shifter to switch between gears.
- The FSX 1.0 also has a Shimano rear and front derailleur for easy shifting.
Another neat feature of this bike is the quick-release wheels, making it much easier to transport and perform maintenance.[/s-li]
- The FSX uses disc brakes on both the front and rear tires, so stopping is easy and fast
- Lightweight durable frame
- Adjustable suspension
- Disc brakes help to stop power
- Quick-release wheels
- High-quality shifters and gears
- Gears may act up if routine maintenance is not done
- Does not come fully assembled
- Ideal for intermediate riders, but not hardcore mountain bikers
When trying to find the best women’s mountain bike 2016, comfort is almost as important as functionality. It is often said, the most comfortable bikes are not necessarily the ones with the best saddle (since that can be replaced), but the ones that have a smooth ride and shift easily.
Our pick for the top bikes on this list are the Mantis Orchid because of its high number of speeds and adjustable suspension.
If you are just looking for a bike to ride around town in, then any of these models will do, but if you want to go off-road or take on rougher terrain, than either of these models will be best suited for that.
By this time, if you decide the best women’s mountain bike for you; do not waste on further research. Purchase the best mountain bikes for women with a click.
Leave your opinion in the below comment section, so that I can reach to you soon.