Best Road Bikes for Women: Easy Way to Travel
With the high prices of gasoline, insurance, and car payments these days, many people including women are switching their mode of transportation to a much more affordable one: the best road bikes for women.
For years, road bikes have been proved effective for commuting, city touring and fitness riding. Along with the experiences, Road bikes offer economy, reliability, and a surprisingly quick way to get people from one place to other.
Women are increasingly finding that road bikes are a great way to get around and get in some exercise as a bonus. Therefore, the questions arise about how to choose the best roads bikes for women.
- 1 Best Road Bikes for Women Considerations
- 2 Recommended Best Road Bikes for Women
- 3 Final Verdict
Best Road Bikes for Women Considerations
Do I need to see it before selecting the best road bikes for women?
Everyone is different, and has different needs when it comes to selecting a road bike. That is why; I suggest trying to visualize when and where you plan on using your bike, and determining exactly what you will need for features.
Make a list of what you want before you begin shopping. This will help you to narrow down your choices as you go. The following are the major considerations to take into account when selecting the best women’s road bike:
When shopping for the best road bikes for women, there are three main areas to consider before making the purchase:
What features I can’t avoid to consider?
When you are buying the best road bikes for women beginners, you have to observe two things that simply must get with the purchase.
First, you need a high-quality frame. The frame is the heart and soul of any road bike. Look for a frame made with lightweight yet strong material, such as aluminum. It is important to note that a well-made frame can last you the rest of your life.
The other components included with your bicycle can wear out or break, but they are all replaceable. A good frame will never wear out or break. Select a bike that has the highest quality materials and artisanship that you can afford. It will save you money in the end.
Finally, you must have on your new bike is a good set of cranks and gears. Good quality cranks can last nearly as long as your frame. A high number of gears allow you to select the right gearing for any situation.
A good number of gears on the best road bikes for women under 500 are 21. If your new bike has a good frame and cranks, and gears, you have a great platform that will last you a long time.
Should I compromise with component quality?
Components are all of the other parts installed on the road bike to make it complete. Some examples of components are the handlebars, seat, brakes, wheels and tires.
While you can replace any of these parts to suit your needs, it is always better if you can buy a complete bicycle that already has quality components on it.
Look for brand names that you recognize to determine component quality. For example, Shimano is a great brand when it comes to shifters and shifting components.
Which are the top urgent extras for my bike?
Where the visualization exercise pays off this part? If you are going to be riding on the best road bikes for women under 500 during early morning or evening hours, you need a light set so you can see.
If you need to carry a purse, laptop, or a briefcase, it is nice to have a rack to tie any cargo too. The sky is the limit when it comes to extras, but many road bikes come with them already installed.
You can buy the extras separately, but issues with fitment and your time to install them will cost you in the end. Try to find the best road bikes under 500 that have what you need.
Are you not satisfied at all with this? Need more information on the best road bikes for women beginners. Please read the best bikes guide.
Recommended Best Road Bikes for Women
Now that we know what to look for when searching for the best road bike for women, here are five great products I found on the internet with a short review of each one:
Diamondback Bicycles Women’s 2016 HaanJenn Road Bike
This great-looking HaanJenn road bike from Merax has a trusted sense for commuting. It is available in a wide range of frame sizes depending on your need.
It has multiple color option greenish to reddish with black complex. This HaanJenn Bike has a great number of features to satisfy you.
- High quality, welded lightweight aluminum is the construction elements of the frame.
- The front forks are steel. It provides a worry free stability.
- This HaanJenn bike has a nice Garvel Disc as alloy fork.
- This is a 2×9-speed road bike with Shimano Sora derived crank w/FSA shifters and derailleur
- The flat head handle of the best road bikes for women provide a smooth riding experience
- Awesome looking and affordable
- Strong, lightweight aluminum frame
- 2×9-speed road bike with Shimano Sora derived crank w/FSA shifters and derailleur
- Quick-release front wheel
- Garvel disk alloy fork
- Comfortable riding point for all day riding
- Slightly longer in wheel base may cause more hard work to drive
- No kickstand
GMC Denali Road Bike
This road bike comes to us from GMC. It is available in three-color schemes: Black with fluorescent green highlights, Red frame with black highlights, and Black with pink highlights for the women.
It is also available in four frame sizes: Large, Medium, Small, and Xtra Small.
- The entire frame sizes come with 700C sized wheels for a smooth ride
- The frame on the GMC Denali is all-welded aluminum for fantastic rigidity and durability
- This bike also includes 3-piece cranks with an integrated chain guard for 360-degree protection
- This 21-speed bike features Shimano Revo shifters and Shimano derailleur front and rear
- It has an aluminum alloy in rims of 700C Vitesse racing rims
- An aluminum bottle cage is included, as well as front and rear reflectors for night visibility
- Lightweight, rigid aluminum frame
- 21-speed bike with Shimano shifting for quick, smooth gear changes
- High-profile Vitesse racing rims
- Good quality bike for an affordable price
- Four sizes and three color combinations available
- Brake stopping power is a little weak
- Kickstand material is cheap and can be broken rather easily
Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
The first thing I noticed about the Vilano road bike is that for weight saving the maker have tapped the frame tubes where possible for weight savings.
That shows me that some serious thought went into this bike.
The best road bikes for women are available in black, grey, or white. There are also three different frame sizes available: 50cm Small, 54cm Medium, and 58cm Large.
- The frame of the Vilano road bike is 6061 aluminum alloy double butted and welded.
- The forks are aluminum alloy as well.
- The cranks included on this bike are three-piece aluminum alloy.
- Shimano A050 shifters and Shimano front handle the shifting duties and rear derailleur.
- A KMC chain drives the 21 speeds.
- The 700C x 25C tires come mounted on some sweet double-walled CNC machined aluminum alloy rims.
- This bike weighs in at an impressive 24 pounds!
- Full 21-speed Shimano drivetrain
- All-welded aluminum alloy frame
- Aluminum alloy wheels, brake levers, handlebar, and seatpost for weight savings
- Good quality bike for an affordable price
- Three color selections and four sizes available
- Super light 24 pound weight
- Free pedals included
- Poor quality tires may need to be upgraded pretty quickly
- Some users may want to upgrade the shifters
Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike Shimano 21 Speed 700c
The cheap road bikes, also from Vilano, are a little more affordable and intended for commuter use. You can get it in black, blue, silver, or white.
Frame sizes are once again 50cm Small, 54cm Medium, and 58cm Large.
- This frame is 6061 aluminum alloy, double butted and welded.
- Mount points are included on the frame for a rear rack and a water bottle holder.
- Vilano tapered the tubes on this frame where possible for weight savings.
- The forks included on this road bike are steel.
- Three-piece aluminum alloy cranks with an integrated see-through chain guard from your legs to the rear wheel.
- Shimano A050 thumb shifters and front and rear derailleurs handle all of the shifting.
- This road bike has aluminum alloy machined rims and includes a free set of pedals.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy frame for strength and durability
- Shimano thumb shifters for easy shifting
- Aluminum alloy rims for strength and weight savings
- Urban Commuter saddle for comfort
- A great quality road bike for women at a good price
- Does not come with a kickstand
- You may want to upgrade the pedals and tires
Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Pink Women’s Road Bike-700c
This road bike comes to us via Italy from Giordano. It has a great looking white and pink finish that women will love.
Small and Medium sizes are available for women with up to a 30-inch inseam.
- The frame here is 6061 aluminum and all-welded. Giordano uses high-tensile steel for the front.
- The crank is a Pro-wheel 3-piece aluminum alloy set with 170mm arms.
- Shimano Claris STI brake/shift levers and Shimano derailleurs front and rear takes care of shifting the 16 speeds.
- Kenda Road Clincher tires surround the Vitesse Alloy High-V Profile rims.
- This bike has dual water bottle mounts and weighs 26 pounds all together.
- Nice Aluminum alloy frame
- High-quality components
- Great-looking road bike you know is for women
- Urban Commuter saddle for comfort
- A great overall value
- Professional assembly recommended for safety
- Saddle is more geared for racing
- Frame sizes won’t work for large women
If you have the best road bikes for women, you will not have to worry about traveling. Any distance ranges from long to short, you can travel with enjoyment.
All five of the best road bikes for women reviewed above are worth your attention. However, in my opinion the clear winner out of this group is the Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Pink Women’s Road Bike-700c
If you made the choice already, do not waste time before become confused. Purchase now the best road bikes for women.